Job Summary (Full-Time Position)
PDC Laboratories, Inc., part of a leading family held waste service organization that has been in business since 1928, is seeking the right individual to be part of our team as an entry level Staff Technician II. This opportunity will be located in our Peoria, Illinois full service environmental testing laboratory. Now is a great time to join our team!
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Work shift will be days Monday through Friday. Overtime and weekends may be required depending on the workload and customer needs.
- Prepare drinking water, ground water, wastewater and soil samples for analysis using approved methods while meeting each method-defined QC procedure.
- Clean scientific glassware, prepare reagents, maintain assigned equipment and perform general laboratory housekeeping.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and as a member of a team
- Detail oriented
- Strong Work Ethic
- The ability to handle multiple tasks under time constraints
- Able to follow both oral and written instructions
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience and education
- Laboratory science, environmental and quality control interest and experience preferred, including college coursework in chemistry or science with laboratory experience
- Must have the ability to read and understand technical procedures and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook and Excel
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Successfully completes the pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check which will include previous employments checks and criminal history
We offer an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please apply on our website www.pdcarea.com or submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line: Peoria Staff Technician II