PDC TECHNICAL SERVICES, INC.
PDC Technical Services, Inc. (PDC Tech) is seeking a Staff Engineer to participate in projects primarily related to designing, permitting, constructing, and providing operations support for waste management facilities, including landfills, transfer stations, recycling facilities, and trucking terminals. Duties will include performing field data collection, engineering analyses, preparing written engineering documents, and preparing design and construction drawings. A Bachelor of Science degree and/or relevant work experience is preferred. The position is based in Peoria, Illinois.
Minimum skills and competencies include:
- Well-rounded understanding of basic civil and geotechnical engineering concepts
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize assignment activities to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and, in particular, the ability to design and maintain Microsoft Excel spreadsheets to perform a broad range of related engineering computations
- Basic CAD skills using AutoCad
Additional skills and experience will be considered strong assets, including:
- Experience at developing digital terrain models in AutoDesk Civil 3D
- Storm water modeling to compute watershed run-off quantities, peak discharge, run-off velocities, and tractive force
- Modeling of pressure pipe networks for both compressible (e.g. landfill gas) and incompressible (e.g. water/leachate) fluids
- Calculating air emissions from a variety of industrial sources
- Slope stability modeling and other geotechnical computations
- Designing and detailing structural components of limited complexity, such as concrete slab-on grade, box culverts, headwalls, retaining wall, etc.
- Field surveying
- Construction quality assurance observations and testing
- Construction quantity take-offs
This position requires a commitment to safety, occasional overnight travel, ability to occasionally work outdoors in a wide range of weather and terrain conditions, and a valid driver’s license. The candidate will be required to pass a background check and a pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
PDC Tech provides environmental engineering consulting services to private and public sector clients, with a special emphasis on landfill design and monitoring. We are a subsidiary of the privately held, 600-person strong Coulter Companies, Inc. Founded in 1928, Coulter Companies provides a wide range of environmental services throughout the Midwest through its subsidiaries, which include Peoria Disposal Company, Area Landfill, Inc., Area Disposal Service, Area Recycling, Inc., and PDC Laboratories.
We do not sponsor foreign nationals for immigration purposes. Applications should not be submitted if an immigration sponsorship will be required either now or in the future. Only United States Permanent Residents or Citizens will be considered.
PDC Tech participates in the e-Verify program. No telephone calls please. We offer an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please apply on our website www.pdcarea.com or submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Subject Line: Staff Engineer
PDC Technical Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.