Job Summary (Full-Time Position)
PDC Services, Inc., part of a leading family held waste service organization that has been in business since 1928, is seeking the right individual to be a Diesel Mechanic for our Company. We have an opening at our Swords Terminal in Peoria, Illinois. Now is a great time to join our team!
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and repair equipment (both gasoline and diesel powered) assigned to the Peoria location.
- Diagnose mechanical problems.
- Promptly and thoroughly complete required documentation associated with maintaining and repairing equipment.
- Welding as needed
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Valid CDL Class A or B license (or able to obtain within 6 months)
- 3-5 years of diesel engine troubleshooting and repair experience
- 3-5 years of hydraulic troubleshooting and repair experience
- Experience with brake maintenance, drive line maintenance, and suspension maintenance
- A mechanical and/or trade school certificate with ASE certification a plus
- Welding experience and skills a plus
- Detail-oriented with a proven safety record
- Successfully completes the pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check which will include previous employments checks and criminal history
Mechanics must furnish their own hand tools equivalent to the Snap On basic starter kit
We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term/long-term disability, paid time off, and paid holidays. If you are interested in this position please apply on our website www.pdcarea.com or submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line: Peoria Mechanic
PDC Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.