Job Summary (Full-Time Position)
PDC Laboratories, Inc., part of a leading family held waste service organization that has been in business since 1928, is seeking the right individual to be part of our team as a Quality Assurance/Quality Control Administrator. This opportunity is located in our Peoria, Illinois full service environmental testing laboratory. Now is a great time to join our team!
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Work shift will be days – Monday through Friday. Overtime and weekends may be required depending on the workload and customer needs.
- Have defined responsibility and authority for ensuring that the management system related to quality is implemented and followed at all times.
- Serve as the focal point for laboratory QA/QC and be responsible for the oversight/review of quality assurance practices and quality control data.
- Perform internal quality system audits as well as method audits.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and as a member of a team
- Detail orientated
- Strong work ethic
- The ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently under time constraints
- Able to follow both oral and written instructions
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology or related physical science field
- At least two years of experience in the environmental analysis of representative inorganic and/or organic analyses
- Five or more years of QA experience in an environmental laboratory
- Knowledge of the 2003 NELAC and 2009 TNI Standards and quality system requirements
- Participation in at least two TNI on-site assessments which included providing the response reports and receiving closure from the accrediting body
- Experience with Promium Element DataSystem and Qualtrex Compliance Software is preferred
- Have a general knowledge of test methods, including Standard Methods and USEPA methodologies for which data review is performed
- Knowledge of laboratory instrumentation and associated calibrations/quality controls
- A working knowledge of a LIMS (Promium Element DataSystem® is a plus)
We offer an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please apply on our website www.pdcarea.com or submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Subject Line: Quality Assurance/Quality Control Administrator
PDC Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.