Job Summary (Full-Time Position)
PDC Laboratories, Inc., part of a leading family held waste service organization that has been in business since 1928, is seeking the right individual to be part of our team as an Inorganics Section Manager. This opportunity will be located in our Hazelwood, Missouri full service environmental testing laboratory. Now is a great time to join our team!
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Have thorough understanding of trace inorganic methods from sources such as the USEPA and Standard Methods for the Analysis of Water and Wastewater.
- Supervise and manage the Hazelwood Wet Chemistry and Metals Departments and it employees.
- Outline assignments for wet chemistry and metals lab personnel based on staff skills and abilities.
- Ensure compliance with corporate-wide SOPs and the Quality Manual.
- Meet or exceed management requirements per Section 5.0 of the Quality Management Plan.
- Research, write, review, edit and approve departmental SOPs and other needed documents.
- Ensures corrective actions are taken, as needed, and monitored within their departments.
Required Education, Skills and Experience include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science or related physical science field
- A minimum of 8-10 years of analytical/instrumental laboratory experience in wet chemistry and metals methodology and instrumentation
- Ability to rely on experience, judgement and pre-established guidelines to plan and complete laboratory tasks
- Strong working knowledge of environmental analytical methods including proper lab technique and procedures as well as laboratory regulations and lab safety
- Must be self-motivated with organizational and time management skills
- Proven leadership and management, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Ability to promote an effective working relationship at all levels and create a positive work environment
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of Laboratory LIMS system and in managing reporting of lab data
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Successfully completes the pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check which will include previous employments checks and criminal history
We offer an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please apply on our website www.pdcarea.com or submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line: Inorganics Section Manager
PDC Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.