Job Summary (Full-Time Position)
The Landfill Facility Manager will principally be responsible for managing the Indian Creek Landfill located in Hopedale, Illinois (Peoria area). This critical position is responsible for ensuring that all activities are in compliance with all applicable safety and environmental laws, permits, and policies. The Landfill Facility Manager is also responsible for effective and efficient management of daily waste receipt, placement, and cover activities; personnel, heavy equipment application and maintenance; construction projects; and facility budgets and expenses. The Landfill Facility Manager works closely with the Vice President of Landfills, Equipment Manager, Environmental Affairs Manager, and Technical Services staff.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Maximize the presence of safe working conditions and thereby minimize the risk of injury.
- Monitor and ensure compliance will all applicable health and safety laws and policies.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all applicable environmental laws, permits, and policies.
- Ensure efficient and compliant operation of the landfill leachate and gas management systems.
- Minimize operational costs without sacrificing compliance with the above requirements.
- Develop a fill-sequencing plan that maximizes waste density and minimize truck turnaround time.
- Act as a liaison for the Company in community relations.
- Oversee personnel needs of the facility, including selection, training, coaching, and evaluating employee performance.
- Coordinate with the Equipment Manager to ensure the prompt and proper maintenance and repair of the facility equipment.
- Collaborate in development of annual budgets.
- Participate in financial performance review meetings.
- Ensure the orderliness and maintenance of the physical property through regular inspections and prompt corrective action when necessary.
- Update and submit required reports in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Management or related field of study
- Five years of environmental management and/or relevant work experience
- In lieu of degree, High School Diploma AND ten years of environmental management and/or relevant work experience
- Illinois EPA Landfill Operator Certification or ability to obtain certification within 90 days
- Demonstrate problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced ever changing environment
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
We offer an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please apply on our website www.pdcarea.com or submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line: Landfill Facility Manager
Indian Creek Landfill, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.