Job Summary (Full-Time Position)
Coulter Companies, Inc. – a leading family held waste service organization that has been in business since 1928, is seeking the right individual to be part of our team as a Finance/Accounts Payable Intern. This opportunity is located in our Peoria, IL corporate office. The position is scheduled to work Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm. Based on performance and cultural fit, the internship could lead to a permanent position after the apprenticeship has ended. Now is a great time to join our team!
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain accounts payable system information, procedures and policies to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Ensure timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers as well as maintain accurate records and control reports.
- Review vendor statements.
- Set up new vendors.
- Interact with vendor and internal personnel.
- Perform month end activities.
- Providing feedback and assistance with on-going projects and initiative to improve existing processes while maintaining or improving existing controls.
- Performing other duties as assigned or apparent.
Required Education, Skills and Experience include:
- Associate’s degree and/or one year experience in accounting, finance, business administration or related field
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask and prioritize is absolutely required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and excellent customer service skills
- Highly analytical with an ability to identify problems, collect data, analyze the information, draw conclusions and take corrective action
- Experience with Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Excel Be a self-starter with a solution-orientated work ethic
If you are interested in this position, please apply on our website www.pdcarea.com or submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line: Finance/Accounts Payable Intern
Coulter Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.