Job Summary (Full-Time Position)
Coulter Companies, Inc. – a leading family held waste service organization that has been in business since 1928, is seeking the right individual to be part of our team as an Accounts Payable Specialist. This opportunity is located in our Peoria, IL corporate office. The position is scheduled to work Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm. Now is a great time to join our team!
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain accounts payable system information, procedures and policies to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Ensure timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers as well as maintain accurate records and control reports.
- Review vendor statements.
- Set up new vendors.
- Interact with vendor and internal personnel.
- Perform month end activities.
- Providing feedback and assistance with on-going projects and initiative to improve existing processes while maintaining or improving existing controls.
- Performing other duties as assigned or apparent.
Required Education, Skills and Experience include:
- Associate’s degree and/or one year experience in accounting, finance, business administration or related field
- Minimum two years previous experience in an office environment
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask and prioritize is absolutely required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and excellent customer service skills
- Highly analytical with an ability to identify problems, collect data, analyze the information, draw conclusions and take corrective action
- Experience with Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Excel Be a self-starter with a solution-orientated work ethic
We offer an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please apply on our website www.pdcarea.com or submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line: Accounts Payable Specialist
Coulter Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.