Job Summary (Full-Time Position)
Clinton Landfill, Inc., part of a leading family held waste service organization that has been in business since 1928, is seeking the right individual to be part of our team as a Landfill Compliance Specialist. This opportunity is located in Clinton, IL. Now is a great time to join our team!
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform all compliance and risk assessments, inspections, investigations, studies, sampling, monitoring, adjusting, tracking, recordkeeping, and reporting as may be required or necessary to maintain full facility compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and permit conditions.
- Participate in planning of, designing strategies for, writing procedures for, and organizing of all facility compliance activities.
- Create audit findings reports and perform detailed audit follow-up and closing activities.
- Maintain compliance schedules.
- Records levels, pressures, temperatures, and other required parameters.
- Interpret data and field observations related to the above activities.
- Conduct root-cause analysis regarding any detected or potential non-compliance and follow-up with any necessary new corrective and preventive measures.
- Evaluate new laws, regulations, and permit conditions to determine the impact on facility compliance. Recommend and implement new compliance measures in response to the same.
- Interface directly with internal and external inspectors and auditors.
- Maintain working knowledge of current and new technologies available to maintain or improve compliance efforts.
- Maintain highly organized and legible records, which may include both handwritten and electronic data entry and recordkeeping.
- Associates Degree OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a position requiring regulatory compliance responsibility at a landfill facility, preferably in Illinois
- Experience in interpreting laws, regulations, and permit conditions and how they relate to the landfill facility compliance status
- Experience with compliance activities related to landfill gas and leachate, and environmental media including air, water, and land
- Experience in data collection and reporting
- Working knowledge and ability to work with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Word
- Ability to read and understand regulations and permit conditions
- Ability to use and understand basic math concepts such as fractions, ratios, percentages, and proportions
- Ability to write reports, business letters, and internal correspondence effectively
- Ability to calibrate and operate portable sampling and analysis equipment
- Ability to walk safely on uneven ground and slopes. Ability to work in extreme hot and cold temperatures. Ability to perform light to moderate (up to 75 pounds) on a non-routine basis.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment, which may include but not be limited to Tyvek disposable coveralls, rubber gloves, rubber boots, respirator, steel-toe boots, eye protection, hard hat, and high-visibility outerwear
- Ability to work in a fast-paced ever changing environment
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
We offer an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please apply on our website www.pdcarea.com or submit a resume to email@example.com. Subject Line: Clinton Landfill Compliance Specialist
Clinton Landfill, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.