Job Summary (Full-Time Position)
Area Disposal Service, Inc., part of a leading family held waste service organization that has been in business since 1928, is seeking the right individual to be an Operations General Manager. This opportunity is located in Champaign, Illinois. Now is a great time to join our team!
The Operations General Manager assists the company in meetings its goals and objectives by ensuring all assigned customer accounts within assigned territories are accurately and safely serviced. The Operations General Manager may perform administrative duties related to department business needs and will partner with other division members to maintain a safe and healthful work environment. This operation is responsible for a fleet of over 40 trucks.
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Establish productivity goals where needed; ensure adherence to operating standards as well as manage labor hours and disposal expenses per established plans.
- Lead drivers to exceed productivity goals and expectations for all routes.
- Create, modify, and improve routes to maximize density and improve efficiency.
- Reduce route hours through service conversions and container upsizing.
- Provide leadership to promote and encourage safety goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with the maintenance department to ensure all equipment remains in working order and in compliance with safety standards.
- Work to remove unsafe conditions and/or situations from driver’s routes.
- Serve as a positive representative of the Company and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Create a cohesive team environment and encourage employee engagement with the Company.
- Develop your team’s talent through training, coaching, and feedback.
- Perform other job-related duties as needed or assigned.
- Effectively communicates with employees and other management
- Associate’s Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school OR 2-3 years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of general safety rules and regulations as well as DOT regulations
- CDL License (A or B) preferred
- Experience managing a large staff (40 plus employees made up of CDL Drivers, Mechanics and Customer Service staff)
- Strong leadership skills and proven judgment of talent with an emphasis on hiring and developing high performance teams
- Demonstrate problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills
- The ability to handle multiple tasks under time constraints
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) and ability to manage vendor and customer relationships
- Experience working in a waste and/or recycling facility environment preferred
- Experience supporting shop personnel to troubleshoot equipment issues
- Successfully completes the pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check which will include previous employments checks and criminal history
We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short-term/long-term disability, HSA, FSA, 401k, life insurance, paid time off and paid holidays. If you are interested in this position, please apply on our website www.pdcarea.com or submit a resume to email@example.com. Subject Line: OP General Manager
Area Disposal Service, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.