Area Disposal Service, Inc. Operations Manager - Champaign/Urbana, IL
Position type: Full Time
Job Summary (Full-Time Position)
Area Disposal Company, part of a leading family held waste service organization that has been in business since 1928, is seeking the right individual to be an Operations Manager. This opportunity is located in Champaign, IL. Now is a great time to join our team!
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Establish productivity goals where needed; ensure adherence to operating standards as well as manage labor hours and disposal expenses per established plans.
- Lead drivers to exceed productivity goals and expectations for all routes.
- Create, modify, and improve routes to maximize density and improve efficiency.
- Reduce route hours through service conversions and container upsizing.
- Provide leadership to promote and encourage safety goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with the maintenance department to ensure all equipment remains in working order and in compliance with safety standards.
- Work to remove unsafe conditions and/or situations from driver’s routes.
- Serve as a positive representative of the Company and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Create a cohesive team environment and encourage employee engagement with the Company.
- Develop your team’s talent through training, coaching, and feedback.
- Perform other job-related duties as needed or assigned.
- Strong leadership skills and proven judgement of talent with an emphasis on hiring and developing high performance teams
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to organizational success
- Demonstrate problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills
- The ability to handle multiple tasks under time constraints
- Effectively communicates with employees and other management
- Associate’s Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school OR 2-3 years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CDL Class A or B license OR ability to obtain CDL Class A or B license
- Demonstrated ability to train and teach employees
- Working knowledge of general safety rules and regulations as well as DOT regulations preferred
- Experience working in a waste and/or recycling facility environment is an advantage
- Prior leadership experience managing a large staff
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Successfully completes the pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check which will include previous employments checks and criminal history
We offer an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please apply on our Company website www.pdcarea.com or submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Subject Line: Champaign Operations Manager
Area Disposal Service, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.