PDC Services, Inc. Route Supervisor
Position type: Full Time
PDC Services, Inc. Route Supervisor - Peoria, IL
Job Summary (Full-Time Position)
PDC Services Inc., is looking for a Route Supervisor to be located at the Swords office in Peoria, Illinois.
The Route Supervisor assists the company in meetings its goals and objectives by ensuring all assigned customer accounts within assigned territories are accurately and safely serviced. The Route Supervisor may perform administrative duties related to department business needs and will partner with other division members to maintain a safe and healthful work environment.
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure customer accounts are properly serviced in assigned territory; Identify ways to improve customer service.
- Maintain route efficiency by completing routes within budgeted labor expectations.
- Ensure drivers are in compliance with driver DOT, federal, state, local and company regulations.
- Ensure the efficient and safe disposal of residential, commercial, or roll-off waste.
- Identify and establish corrective actions needed to address problem areas related to route and service issues.
- Train drivers in collection activities, operation of vehicles, and safety procedures.
- Maintain all required records and reports accurately and timely.
- Prepare, present and distribute statistical and/or timekeeping reports and documents as required by management.
- Complete accident investigations and submit appropriate documents and reports as required by management.
- Conduct Safety Observations and prepare documentation in accordance with program requirements.
- Conduct and document regular safety meetings with assigned employees.
- Monitor driver Vehicle Condition Reports and supervise equipment inspections.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Comply with all company safety and operating policies, procedures, plans and programs on route and on site.
- Maintain all company-issued property in good working order.
Skills and Qualifications
- Associate’s Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school OR 2-3 years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CDL Class A or B license OR ability to obtain CDL Class A or B license
- Demonstrated ability to train and teach employees
- Working knowledge of payroll system and Microsoft systems such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Working knowledge of general safety rules and regulations as well as DOT regulations preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals as well as write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportion, percentages, area, circumference and volume
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
We offer an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please apply on our website www.pdcarea.com or submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Subject Line: Route Supervisor
PDC Services Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.