PDC Technical Services, Inc. Director of Engineering Services - Peoria, IL
Director of Engineering Services
Position type: Full Time
DIRECTOR - ENGINEERING SERVICES
PDC Technical Services, Inc. (PDC Tech) is seeking a senior environmental engineer to fill the newly created position of Director of Engineering Services. The Director of Engineering Services will report to the Vice President of Engineering and Consulting Services. This position is based in Peoria, Illinois.
The Director of Engineering Services is expected to take a leading, intimate role in the successful completion of a variety of environmental engineering projects, with particular emphasis on the design, permitting, construction, and operational/compliance support of solid waste facilities. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Line management of engineers and technicians.
- Resource scheduling to ensure project needs, quality objectives and billable goals are met or exceeded,
- Personnel management, including establishing performance goals, conducting performance reviews, recommending wage adjustments, conducting disciplinary activities, etc.,
- Staff development planning and implementation, and
- Assist VP with developing annual budgets, capital expense planning, equipment/software purchasing, etc.
- Project engineering and management for a wide range of solid waste and environmental engineering projects. This will require hands-on engineering and, as resources are available and appropriate, delegation for all aspects of our work activities, which can include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Field sampling, data collection, construction observations, etc.,
- Engineering analyses, e.g. storm water modeling, stability analyses, construction quantities, earth balance, airspace consumption, leachate/condensate pumping and conveyance calculations, LFG extraction and conveyance computations, and air emissions,
- Detailed engineering design and preparation of construction-level drawings of landfill cells; storm water, erosion and sediment controls; leachate/condensate collection, conveyance, storage, and recirculation systems; stockpiles; landfill gas collection and control systems; etc., and
- Preparation of construction bid documents, engineering reports, construction specifications, and other related documents.
- Preparation of permit applications and compliance reports (land, air and water), and routine interface with client and regulatory agency personnel for solid waste, industrial and commercial facilities.
- Construction support activities, such as attending construction pre-bid meetings, pre-construction meetings, and construction deficiency meetings; responding to field questions and/or changed conditions; and reviewing CQA documentation for completeness and compliance.
- Plan, conduct and manage environmental site assessments for a broad range of clients.
- Client management and business development support, including client/prospect interface and presentations, proposal preparation, billing and payment management, etc.
The selected candidate will demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, technical aptitude, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize activities to meet deadlines, and a commitment to excellence.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor of Science degree (Masters preferred) in civil, geotechnical, environmental, or geological engineering and at least 15 years of related experience. This candidate must be an Illinois-licensed Professional Engineer, or demonstrate that licensure will be obtained within 12 months of employment. P.E. licensure/registration in the states surrounding Illinois is a plus.
This position will entail limited overnight travel, but a valid driver’s license is required. The candidate will be required to pass a background check and drug screen. PDC Tech participates in the Federal Government e-Verify program. PDC Tech is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status.
PDC Tech provides hydrogeological and environmental engineering consulting services to private and public sector clients, with a special emphasis on landfill design and monitoring. We are a subsidiary of the privately held, 600-person strong Coulter Companies, Inc. Founded in 1928, Coulter Companies provides a wide range of environmental services throughout the Midwest through its subsidiaries, which include Peoria Disposal Company, Area Disposal Service and PDC Laboratories.
PDC Tech offers a competitive compensation and generous benefit package. No telephone calls please. If you are interested in this position, please apply on our website www.pdcarea.com or submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Subject Line: Director of Engineering Services
PDC Technical Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE – M/F/Disabled/Vet