PDC Laboratories, Inc. Sample Control Technician - Peoria, IL
Sample Control Technician
Position type: Full Time
PDC Laboratories, Inc., part of a leading family held waste service organization that has been in business since 1928, is seeking the right individual to be part of our team as a Sample Control Technician. This opportunity is located in our Peoria, Illinois full service environmental testing laboratory. Now is a great time to join our team!
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Sample receipt and data entry into our Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Assist with sample bottle inventory.
- Stock supplies as needed.
- Operate and help maintain a computerized UPS shipping system.
- Greet and assist walk-in clients.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and as a member of a team
- Detail oriented
- Strong Work Ethic
- The ability to handle multiple tasks under time constraints
- Able to follow both oral and written instructions
- Ability to stand frequently as well as lift and carry 60 pounds often.
- Associate Degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school OR six months to one year equivalent combination of job-related experience and/or training
- Science and/or Chemistry background a plus
- Customer Service experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word and Excel) a plus
- Successfully completes the pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check which will include previous employments checks and criminal history
PDC Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.