Peoria Disposal Company Gate Control Supervisor - Peoria, IL
Gate Control Supervisor
Position type: Full Time
Job Summary (Full-Time Position)
Peoria Disposal Company, part of a leading family held waste service organization that has been in business since 1928, is seeking the right individual to be a Gate Control Supervisor. This position will be based at our facility located on Southport Road in Peoria, Illinois.
Reporting to the Facility Manager, this role performs sampling, paperwork review, basic laboratory analysis, and approval or rejection of incoming waste shipments for the non-hazardous Industrial Wastewater Treatment Plant, and the RCRA Subtitle C Waste Stabilization Facility (WSF). Duties include but are not limited to:
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Operating a truck scale to weigh in & out waste shipments,
- Reviewing waste manifests and bills of lading that accompany incoming & outgoing waste shipments,
- Assists with the operation of the Industrial Wastewater Treatment Plant (IWTP) as well as the overall PDC 1 facility, as necessary.
- Entering waste shipment information into the electronic management system (IPak) & distributing shipment paperwork to the transporter and company files,
- Sampling of waste shipments & performing limited laboratory testing of waste shipment samples for “fingerprint” testing,
- Reviewing laboratory analytical results for conformance to permitted standards,
- Scheduling shipments into the WSF and IWTP,
- Assisting with the daily operation of the IWTP,
- Assisting with ordering necessary treatment reagents and other supplies,
- Collecting IWTP effluent and other facility samples,
- Transporting facility samples to the laboratory,
- Monitoring IWTP discharges,
- Determining IWTP treatment efficiencies,
- Tracking compliance with facility permits
- Must have the ability to become a Class K Certified Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator within one year from hire date.
- Must be physically capable of climbing stairs to access a sampling platform.
- Must be capable of functioning in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high state of organization and accuracy rate.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Must be available to work some weekly overtime and some weekends.
We offer an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please apply on our company website www.pdcarea.com or submit a resume to [email protected]. Subject Line: Gate Control Supervisor
Peoria Disposal Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.