PDC Laboratories, Inc. Quality Assurance Manager - Peoria, IL
Quality Assurance Manager
Position type: Full Time
Job Summary (Full-Time Position)
PDC Laboratories, Inc., part of a leading family held waste service organization that has been in business since 1928, is seeking the right individual to be part of our team as a Quality Assurance Manager. This opportunity is located in our Peoria, Illinois full service environmental testing laboratory. Now is a great time to join our team!
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Quality Assurance Department. Work shift will be days – Monday through Friday. Overtime and weekends may be required depending on the workload and client needs.
- Have the responsibility and authority for ensuring that the TNI quality management system is implemented and followed at all times.
- Performing method and quality system audits, writing audit reports, preparing Corrective Action/Preventive Action reports, approving and verifying corrective actions.
- Ensuring that Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are maintained for all analytical methods and non-analytical activities as needed, updated as necessary and followed by laboratory staff.
- Acquiring, monitoring, maintaining and updating laboratory accreditations and certifications as required.
- Continuous improvement of the QA training program and performing training of the QA staff and laboratory employees in quality–related and/or technical issues, and evaluating the thoroughness and effectiveness of the laboratory training program.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and as a member of a team
- Detail orientated
- Strong work ethic
- The ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently under time constraints
- Able to follow both oral and written instructions
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
- A working knowledge of LIMS (Promium Element DataSystem® is a plus)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology or related physical science field
- At least two years of experience in the environmental analysis of representative inorganic and/or organic analytes
- Five or more years of QA experience in an environmental laboratory
- Knowledge of the 2009 and 2016 TNI Standards and quality system requirements
- Participation in at least two TNI on-site assessments which included providing the corrective action response reports and receiving closure from the accrediting body
- Have a general knowledge of Standard Methods and USEPA methodologies and able to perform data review
- Knowledge of laboratory analytical and support instrumentation and associated calibrations/quality controls
We offer an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please apply on our website www.pdcarea.com or submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Subject Line: Quality Assurance Manager
PDC Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.