Area Disposal Service, Inc. Driver Helper - Lincoln, IL
Position type: Full Time
Pay/Salary: $16.05 per hour
Apply today and join our growing team!
- Start DAY ONE at full rate of pay
- Paid weekly
- Great Insurance – medical, dental, vision, prescription, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, wellness program, HSA, and FSA
- Yearly boot and jean allowances
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Home daily and weekends off
- 401(K) plus company match
- Paid orientation and training
Job Summary (Full-Time Position)
Area Disposal Service, Inc., part of a leading family held waste service organization that has been in business since 1928, is seeking the right individual to be a Helper for our residential and/or commercial drivers. This position assists in the collection of waste and/or recyclable material. This opportunity is located in Lincoln, IL. Now is a great time to join our team!
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Manually or mechanically load and empty residential and/or commercial containers into truck.
- Containers may be staged curbside, dockside, carryout, or require pullout to complete service.
- Operate hoisting device to lift and empty containers into truck hopper.
- Assist drivers with all backing maneuvers while on route.
- Notify Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injuries, and/or property damage.
- Notify Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including, but not limited to, closed or impassable streets or alleyways, containers too heavy to service, and/or potential safety hazards.
- Communicate customer service requests to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Perform all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assist other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to 50 lbs frequently.
- Required to push, pull, bend, twist, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or riding in a truck.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Successfully completes the pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check which will include previous employments checks and criminal history
Area Disposal Service, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.