PDC Laboratories, Inc. Facility Maintenance Technician - Peoria, IL
Facility Maintenance Technician
Position type: Full Time
Job Summary (Full-Time Position)
PDC Laboratories, Inc., part of a leading family held waste service organization in business since 1928, is seeking the right individual to be part of our team as a Facility Maintenance Technician. This opportunity is located in our Peoria, Illinois full-service environmental testing laboratory. Now is a great time to join our team!
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of our environmental lab facility in Peoria. Work shift will be days – Monday through Friday. Overtime and weekends may be required depending on the workload, client and seasonal housekeeping and grounds’ needs.
- Monitor security of the facility and its occupants – may involve responding to facility alarms outside of routine hours
- Monitor and maintain the industrial pretreatment system – must pass a site-specific Class K Operator’s exam conducted by the IEPA in Springfield, Illinois within 2 years of hire
- Conduct audits of the facility for lighting, waste and chemical storage
- Periodic travel to other corporation facilities to assist in facility repair and maintenance, may require overnight motel stay
- Continuous improvement of the facility housekeeping and grounds maintenance program
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and as a member of a team
- Must demonstrate common sense and attention to detail
- Demonstrate a work smart-cost effective work ethic
- Operation and maintenance of power tools, mower, weed and hedge trimmer, floor scrubbing/buffing machines
- The ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently under time constraints
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
- Ability to learn new computer programs and skills as needed
- Detailed skills in inventory and recordkeeping
- Basic math, fractions, volumes use of measurement tools such as tape measure, level, square, etc.
- Demonstrated ability/work experience in cleaning and maintaining various types of flooring
- Basic janitorial duties
- Light plumbing, electrical, HVAC, light construction/repair, painting
- High School or GED minimum, Associates Degree in a technical trade a plus.
- 24-hour OSHA training with annual 8 hour refresher training – must be able to be fitted and use a full face respirator for certain job duties – OSHA training is company provided
- Knowledge of HAZMAT protocols
- Pass a background/drug screening check and a physical suitability test
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have and maintain a PDC certifiable driving record
- Skills in plumbing, electrical, HVAC maintenance, light construction/repair, painting
We offer an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please apply on our website www.pdcarea.com or submit a resume to [email protected]. Subject Line: Facility Maintenance Technician.
PDC Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.