Area Disposal Service, Inc. Service Manager (Eastern Region) - Champaign, IL
Service Manager (Eastern Region)
Position type: Full Time
Job Summary (Full-Time Position)
Area Disposal Service, Inc., part of a leading family held waste service organization that has been in business since 1928, is seeking an Eastern Region Service Manager to join our company. This position will be based in Champaign, Illinois.
Reporting to the Fleet Maintenance Manager, the Service Manager is a newly established position that will work second shift to manage maintenance resources and directly supervise 8-10 maintenance employees in order to achieve maximum resource utilization. This position will oversee productivity of mechanics and assets at multiple facilities for our Eastern Region (Bloomington, Clinton, Lincoln and Champaign). This position will require frequent travel to the locations listed.
- Support maintenance technicians across shifts and multiple locations and provide hands on coaching to enable new employee to gain job proficiency.
- Maintain an on-going preventive maintenance program for assigned locations. Identify trends in road calls, break downs; oversee maintenance of the building and other facility on site; control maintenance costs relating to personnel, purchasing, inventory control and outsourcing of repairs.
- Manage outside repair facilities and repairs to ensure all work is properly completed in accordance with the Company’s safety and compliance procedures, and federal and state regulations; follow up where appropriate. Identify training opportunities and, as necessary, document issues and constructively discusses corrective action, as needed, with maintenance manager.
- Schedule and assign resources to meet the operational and equipment requirements. Collaborate with Operations to ensure assets are available for use and are fully utilized to provide an industry-leading level of customer service
- Work to maximize maintenance performance of parts availability with minimum excess inventory. Order parts and ensure timely delivery to meet goals
- Analyze department hours/overtime and work completed to determine optimal use of employee resources and to direct their activities to accomplish goals
- Accountable for DOT compliance for all equipment and maintenance records
- Coordinate the activities of the maintenance department with the activities of other departments to continuously monitor the quality of truck uptime and take the necessary corrective action to remedy deficiencies
- Assist in the identification of training programs: consults with the necessary personnel regarding establishment and content of training programs and assist in implementation, instruction and evaluation of these programs
- Monitor performance of equipment through downtime tracking and other metrics
- Serve as a role model for safety, follows all applicable safety rules and procedures and create solutions to increase safety performance
- High School diploma or G.E.D. certification
- 3 - 5 years’ maintenance experience required
- Diesel Mechanic experience is required
- Must have a solid technical background in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and electronic systems
- Must be willing to support the mechanics and perform general repair work
- Demonstrated knowledge of FMCSA and DOT maintenance regulations
- Knowledge of and experience with computerized maintenance management systems and preventative and predictive maintenance required
- Must be able to work flexible hours as needed.
- Experience in troubleshooting equipment issues and installation of equipment required
- Must be able to work with vendors, customers, and equipment providers
- Frequent day travel required
We offer an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please apply on our Company website www.pdcarea.com or submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Subject Line: ER Service Manager
Area Disposal Service, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.