PDC Technical Services, Inc. (PDC Tech) is seeking a Project Engineer to participate in projects primarily related to designing, permitting, constructing, and providing operations support for waste management facilities, including landfills, transfer stations and recycling facilities. Duties will include performing engineering analyses, preparing written engineering documents, and preparing design and construction drawings. The ideal candidate will have a Master of Science degree in civil, geotechnical, or geological engineering and at least 3 years of related experience, or a Bachelor of Science degree in either of the same disciplines and at least 5 years of related experience. The position is based in Peoria, Illinois.
Minimum technical skills and competencies include:
- Proficiency with AutoDesk Civil 3D is a basic requirement for this position. This includes the ability to establish precise and accurate digital terrain models using feature lines, grading objects, point files, alignments, given moderately detailed design guidance, perform DTM volumetric computations, and prepare sections and details, etc.
- Ability to design and maintain Microsoft Excel spreadsheets to perform a broad range of related engineering computations.
Other desired technical skills, include:
- Storm water modeling to compute watershed run‐off quantities, peak discharge, run‐off velocities, and tractive force. Experience with HydroCad is a plus.
- Well rounded understanding of the geotechnical behavior and engineering challenges related to landfills.
- Modeling of pressure pipe networks for both compressible (e.g. landfill gas) and incompressible (e.g. water/leachate) fluids.
- Calculate air emissions from a variety of industrial sources.
- Slope stability modeling and other geotechnical computations.
- Ability to design and detail structural components of limited complexity, such as concrete slabs‐on‐grade, box culverts, headwalls, retaining walls, etc.
- Field surveying.
- Construction quality assurance observations and testing.
- Construction quantity take‐offs.
To be successful, the selected candidate will demonstrate a strong attention to detail, effective oral and written communication skills, ability to prioritize assignment activities to meet deadlines, and a commitment to excellence and continuous improvement.
This position requires a commitment to safety, occasional overnight travel, ability to occasionally work outdoors in a wide range of weather and terrain conditions, and a valid driver’s license. The candidate will be required to pass a background check and drug screen.
PDC Tech provides environmental engineering consulting services to private and public sector clients, with a special emphasis on landfill design and monitoring. We are a subsidiary of the privately held, 600‐person strong Coulter Companies, Inc. Founded in 1928, Coulter Companies provides a wide range of environmental services throughout the Midwest through its subsidiaries, which include Peoria Disposal Company, Area Landfill, Inc., Area Disposal Service, Area Recycling, Inc., and PDC Laboratories.
PDC Tech does not sponsor foreign nationals for immigration purposes. Application should not be made if an immigration sponsorship will be required either now or in the future. PDC Tech participates in the E-Verify program. No telephone calls please.
We offer an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please apply on our website www.pdcarea.com or submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Subject Line: Project Engineer
Or mail to: Project Engineer Position
PDC Technical Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 9071
Peoria, Illinois 61612‐9071