Job Summary (Full-Time Position)
Coulter Companies, Inc., part of a leading family held waste service organization that has been in business since 1928, is seeking the right individual to be part of our team as a Corporate Purchasing Manager. This opportunity is located in our Peoria, IL corporate office. Now is a great time to join our team!
Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the acquisition of materials needed for our corporate offices and other facilities as needed.
- Source equipment, goods and services as well as managing vendors.
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis as well as benchmarking.
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers.
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand.
Required Education, Skills and Experience include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Accounting, Business or equivalent is preferred but not required
- Proven working experience as a Purchasing Manager, Agent or Officer
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Basic knowledge and experience in using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask and prioritize is absolutely required
- Be a self-starter with a solution-oriented work ethic
We offer an excellent benefit package. If you are interested in this position, please apply here, on our website www.pdcarea.com or submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line: Corporate Purchasing Manager